Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cville Bike & Tri Rocks!

Today I must give a shout out to the dudes at Cville Bike & Tri! HOLLA!

On Friday afternoon I was tuning my bike up a little bit - the derailleur has become a little sticky from many miles of riding - some of it in the rain. So I'm giving it a little lube hear and there and making some adjustments to the limit screws. Suddenly one of the fastener pins just pops right out! OK, this doesn't seem too good. So I try to push the pin back in, but it just won't stay in place.

So I take the bike up to the Cville Bike & Tri guys who explain that this particular part is machine pressed at the factory and is really not fixable. OH CRAP! How can that be? The bike a barely 1 year old! Now I'm thinking that a nice weekend of bike riding is going to be killed while I get this part replaced.

No worries they say. Good news is they have the same part in stock. Bad news is the part costs $70. OK, as bike parts go, that's not too bad - but I wasn't really looking for ways to get ride of my ca$h.

But wait there's more. Paul gets on the phone with the manufacturer and in 15 minutes has approval to send the old derailleur back as a warranty replacement. YAY! I get my bike back the very next day and the weekend is saved!

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment